Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mixed signals

Just back from a weekend in Ann Arbor with Tiniest. The Michigan University campus is pretty close to what you'd expect for a school of that stature - rolling quads, interesting mix of campus architecture, and a main drag with independent bookstores, coffee shops, and an Urban Outfitters.

It was a great weekend getaway. As usual, eating was a HUGE part of the experience. With that in mind...

I strongly recommend you visit Zingerman's, a combination delicatessen/grocery that has a real slant towards organic and local ingredients. We bought more cheese than should be allowed to sit unrefrigerated on a four-hour drive.

On the other side of the coin, I strongly do NOT recommend you visit the restaurant pictured below. While I am unsure of its intentions in a rather unfortunate name, I would rather not find out by actually going inside. There are a few permutations that make me instantly lose my appetite.

A free haiku is offered to anyone who can give an acceptable explanation of this name. $100 to the owner of this restaurant if s/he participates in a interview with me regarding their corporate branding.



Ann Arbor, MI; 10/20/07 @ 6:00pm

2 comments:

Elisson said...

Based on our menu,
The name is intentional.
"Cream of Sum Yung Gai."

Unknown said...

I wonder if it involves masturbating Japanese monkeys...